Wednesday 11 March 2015

New Year New Tyre


My car front 2 tyres already used until not much tread left anymore. Can feel the tyres gripping power has been reduced significantly when driving through rough surface. A worn out tyre's thread can be quite dangerous especially if driving during raining days as wet road condition requires much more gripping power.
Old Front Tyre (Worn Out Threads)

So while I was at hometown for celebrating Chinese New Year, I went the tyre shop that I used to change my car tyres last time to check out different brands of tyre and the pricing. The shop is selling the brands like Yokohama, Falken, Goodyear and Michelin.

I have used before Goodyear Eagle NCT5 and Silverstone NS-223 tyres and I will never use them anymore because they were easily skid when driving through wet road condition and they were very noisy. I have used before Yokohama tyre also. Yokohama tyre is the best tyre that I have used so far because it did not skid even when driving through a very wet road and it was very quiet. The price for a Yokohama tyre is RM175 for 14 inch size and for a Michelin tyre is costing RM200++ for the same size.
New Front Tyre (Full of Threads)

New Falken ZE-322 Tyre

Because of tight budget this time round, Yokohama and Michelin tyres were out of consideration. Since the price for a Falken tyre of 14 inch is RM125 only and I have never used it before, so I decided to give a try to use Falken tyre at both front side of my car. The Falken tyre model I am using is ZE-322.
Total price I spent was RM290 whereby RM250 for 2 front tyres, RM30 for balancing & alignment and RM10 for the small rubber valve.

The shop address:
Wan Hua Tyres Service Centre Sdn. Bhd.
G17, Block Bunga Raya 2,
Jalan Abadi 1,
Taman Malim Jaya,
75250 Melaka.

No comments:

Post a Comment